Wednesday, April 1, 2009



Well I guess it's about time I did a new post! I have been working hard on my fundraising for LLS and met and passed my goal of $3,400. I think I have $4,200, and I mostly have to thank my patient Mr Jim Sitko for his fundraising idea of waxing snowboards and skis at Mt. Holly last month. He is a Lymphoma survivor just within the last 18 months, so he had a personal interest in fundraising for the cause. At the fundraiser one of his friends told me he would only donate for a kiss. I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. So I kissed him.... kind of crazy, but he was a nice old guy. He donated $20 that day, and then later, I looked on my web page and he had donated an additional $100. I guess, he liked my kiss... ha, ha. I really have enjoyed being involved in this challenge. I ran 20 miles last Saturday, I only have one more long run, 23 miles, before the marathon. I think the marathon will be fun and inspirational with all the activities involved with Team in Training. I will post again after the marathon. I hope I can finish in 4:45. My best time has been 4:57. Top runners finish in like 2:15, amazing!!!

4 comments:

Rachel B said...

Shelli, you are so wonderful! In so many ways! That is so sweet about the kiss! You are amazing. I can't believe that you are able to run in under 5 hours! I can't wait to hear about the race! Love you!

Greg & Andrea said...

Mom, I am so proud of you. You are so amazing to be running this marathon and for such a great cause. You should be proud of yourself, even if you did had to kiss and old guy. Ha Ha

Tom & Michelle said...

Wait I never heard about you kissing some old guy?? lol I need to hear this story.. And just think of me when our running this saturday and think about how mad I would get it should make you laugh. Or think of me getting so nervouse at the chechout lines saying HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!

Amber said...

Mom, Congrats on all your hard work with the fundraising. That is a great cause and a great experience. Good luck with the actual marathon...but you've already done all the hard work to get there. I'll be thinking of you. :)