Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Andi...to be closer to Rachel. You three are my lifelines right now.... I am sure as time passes and as we adjust and actually make some friends, things will get better, but it is tough on both of us right now. Sometimes I look at my house I am living in, it is a nice house, but it isn't home :(. Home is where you make all your memories, raise your family, have friends over for dinner etc. I guess with time it will be better. I didn't think I was going to go through this....this sadness, but I have to pull myself together this morning and go to work....with Willy Wonka. I just made myself laugh, so that is a good thing. The therapist I work for looks just like Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, she just isn't so pale. I will be okay, I just needed a good cry this morning.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
1. My Dad taught me about not judging and being forgiving to others.
2. My Mom taught me to look at the positive, and to always have hope.
3. My sister Teri taught me that babies are wonderful and so much fun.
4. My sister Wendy taught me that I was a Princess...Cinderella :).
5. My sister Rachel taught me how to reach outside of myself.
6. My brother David taught me that there is much humor in life.
7. My sweet Dave taught me about love and commitment in marriage.
8. My daughter Amber taught me first, about the unconditional love you feel as a mother.
9. She also challenged me to run my first marathon, which has become a great source of accomplishment in my life!
10. Cameron has taught me to not be overly sensitive, and to press forward even when things are tough.
11. My daughter Andrea taught me about the importance of keeping laughter in your life.
12. She also has taught me to reach out to others, and not be afraid to make friends.
13. Greg has taught me it is good to be easy going and helpful.
14. My daughter Michelle taught me again that being a mom to my girls, is the most wonderful blessing in my life.
15. She also taught me to laugh and enjoy the friendship that exists between mothers and daughters.
16. Tom has taught me that son-in-laws are fun, even when they tease.
17. Nathan has taught me that little boys are soooo active, but so tender hearted at the same time.
18. Ryan has taught me that a Grandmothers love just grows along with the grandchildren.
19. Eva taught me to watch out for men that want you to look at their ankle..... j/k. She has taught me too, about having fun in life.
20. Layla has taught me that this love I feel, as a mother, and now a Grandmother, is real and deep and will always be UNCONDITIONAL for my daughters and now my grandchildren.
21. The last thing I will mention, is probably one of the most important. That is my testimony.
I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. It has blessed and shaped my life in every aspect.
It has taught me to have faith, to have hope, and to have joy. I know it is through Jesus Christ that I have been able to endure the hardships in my life, and I also know it is through him that I have had the great blessings in my life. I will continue to try to do good in my life, and I know with the gospel, and all of you amazing people in my life, I will be able to be happy and continue to learn and grow. Here's to the next 50!!!!!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
When I was out at Amber's, Nathan was talking to me all the time, but sometimes I couldn't quite understand him. I was trying to help him say "yellow" in this clip. I think it is so cute, and I'm sure 10 years from now, he will get a kick out of this too.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
The first video is about mile 20, my legs were getting really sore, you can hear me ask for excedrin. I know I look awful, but thats how it is when you've been running for about 4 hours.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
1. My bangs have to be perfect. I will spend the majority of time styling my hair on my bangs, and then recheck them before I leave the house, if my bangs are good, its a good day. :)
2. The toothpaste container has to be on a certain spot on the sink, Dave will move it or leave it haphazardly on the counter, I always put it on the little groove on the sink, it just seems like it fits there.
3. The afghans have to be folded a certain way on the back of the loveseat.
4. I must put lotion on my hands after I wash them.
5. I hate it if my socks don't match my shirt.
6. I love white shirts, It seems if I'm having a hard time deciding on what to wear, If I just put on a white shirt I feel much better.
7. I hate to be too warm, I would much rather be a little cool, then warm. I hate the feeling of warm hands and feet, I do like to cuddle up in a blanket, if Im cold, but only until I get warm, then the cover comes off. I usually leave one foot out of the covers at night, with only a sheet and light blanket. Dave has on pj's, sheet, blanket and comforter. Funny how opposites attract!!