Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fifty Years!!! Whoa that sounds old!!!


Well Dave and Michelle and Cathy got together and suprised me once again....I thought we were just going over Cathy and Jim's for dinner in between conference sessions. When we got there, they suprised me with a 50th birthday party. What sweet friends and family I have. Since I have reached this landmark birthday I thought I would write some of the lessons I have learned in my life, and how my sweet family have taught me these things through their examples. I truly am thankful for each of them.... I have truly been blessed!

1. My Dad taught me about not judging and being forgiving to others.
2. My Mom taught me to look at the positive, and to always have hope.

3. My sister Teri taught me that babies are wonderful and so much fun.
4. My sister Wendy taught me that I was a Princess...Cinderella :).
5. My sister Rachel taught me how to reach outside of myself.
6. My brother David taught me that there is much humor in life.

7. My sweet Dave taught me about love and commitment in marriage.

8. My daughter Amber taught me first, about the unconditional love you feel as a mother.
9. She also challenged me to run my first marathon, which has become a great source of accomplishment in my life!
10. Cameron has taught me to not be overly sensitive, and to press forward even when things are tough.

11. My daughter Andrea taught me about the importance of keeping laughter in your life.
12. She also has taught me to reach out to others, and not be afraid to make friends.
13. Greg has taught me it is good to be easy going and helpful.

14. My daughter Michelle taught me again that being a mom to my girls, is the most wonderful blessing in my life.
15. She also taught me to laugh and enjoy the friendship that exists between mothers and daughters.
16. Tom has taught me that son-in-laws are fun, even when they tease.

17. Nathan has taught me that little boys are soooo active, but so tender hearted at the same time.
18. Ryan has taught me that a Grandmothers love just grows along with the grandchildren.

19. Eva taught me to watch out for men that want you to look at their ankle..... j/k. She has taught me too, about having fun in life.
20. Layla has taught me that this love I feel, as a mother, and now a Grandmother, is real and deep and will always be UNCONDITIONAL for my daughters and now my grandchildren.

21. The last thing I will mention, is probably one of the most important. That is my testimony.
I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. It has blessed and shaped my life in every aspect.
It has taught me to have faith, to have hope, and to have joy. I know it is through Jesus Christ that I have been able to endure the hardships in my life, and I also know it is through him that I have had the great blessings in my life. I will continue to try to do good in my life, and I know with the gospel, and all of you amazing people in my life, I will be able to be happy and continue to learn and grow. Here's to the next 50!!!!!

No comments: